***THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT***
Contact us to be added to the waiting list or for more information about our Summer Riding Camps!
March Break Riding Camp – 2017
What Happens At Camp?
Camp activities will include daily lessons, 2 trail rides through our woodland trails, lessons on grooming, tacking, feeding, cleaning saddles, horse anatomy & farm safety. 1 Trail Guide / Camp Counselor is provided per 6 riders.
By the end of the week riders will improve their confidence in being around and riding horses.
Camp will be held March 13-17 from 9am to 4:30pm each day, rain or shine. Rainy day? We will be riding in our new Indoor Arena!
Riders will also enjoy the Indoor Rubber Rodeo games room & crafts.
Friday we will have a Pizza Party!
Who Can Come to Camp?
Hatfield Farm March Break Riding Camp is ideal for riders ages 8 – 16 years old. All levels of experience are welcome at camp whether a complete beginner, novice or advanced rider.
What Should Riders Bring?
Riders will need to supply:
- Lunches & snacks
- Lots of drinks
- Closed-toe shoes (e.g. sneakers)
- Comfortable, long pants for riding
- Sunscreen / Bug spray
- Clothes to get dirty in & an extra set!
Riding helmets are mandatory and will be provided to all riders.
Pricing & Reservations
$449.00 + HST per rider for 1 Week
Friday Pizza Party $8 + HST
Reservations must be made in advance. Maximum of 10 riders per week. A $50 deposit is required within 5 days of booking and the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the camp does not reach a minimum of 6 riders and is cancelled. In this case the deposit will be refunded or credited towards a different week of camp. The remaining balance is due on the first day of camp.
Camp is from 9:00am to 4:30pm each day (drop off starting at 8:30am / pick-up by 5:00pm) Parents and riders will be provided a full schedule for the week’s activities on the first day of camp.
Riders must bring 5 waivers signed by a parent/legal guardian – 1 for each day of camp. Without these waivers riders cannot participate.
Waivers are available online: http://www.hatfieldfarm.com/files/waiver.pdf
Riding Camp Rules
The following rules will be reviewed with all riders on the first day of camp:
- Riders are not allowed inside the Hatfield Farm Sherriff’s Office or Ice Cream Shack
- Riders will not run in the barnyard
- Riders must wear appropriate footwear (e.g. sneaker or boots)
- Riders will wear the provided helmets at all times while on horseback
- Riders will tell a Camp Counselor if they must leave the barnyard (e.g. washroom)
- Riders will turn off lights, lock all gates, clean brushes after use, put away buckets and hang-up halters & lead lines
- Horse poop must be picked up immediately and put in designated areas
- Riders will pick up all garbage
- Riders will not feed horses, except as instructed by a Camp Counselor
- Riders will check-in with a Camp Counselor before leaving each day
And most importantly,
riders will have fun!